Friday, June 8, 2012

My Tooth is Loose


 Can you remember when you were little and had a loose tooth, just waiting for it to come out? If, like me, you can't remember that long ago (although I'm sure it's not so long for you!), perhaps you can think about your children's experiences.

Bill Kirk's new book, My Tooth is Loose, follows a young boy with a loose tooth as each member of his family tries something to get his tooth to come out. I love books that rhyme, and Bill does rhyming very well! Kids will surely relate to the antics and suggestions for getting the tooth out and enjoy the beautiful illustrations by Eugene Ruble while anticipating the outcome.

Also included are fun activities and facts about teeth at the end of the book. This is the newest book of Bill's "The Sum of Our Parts" series. You can find it at Guardian Angel Publishing or Amazon.

Learn more about Bill Kirk and his writing at his website, Bill Kirk Writes

6 comments:

Bill Kirk said...

Thanks so much for posting about my book, Connie. It was a fun little story to write--- inspired by our grandson who was five years old at the time (now almost 18). Hopefully, lots of other past and future teeth pullers will take a page from the book.

Connie Arnold said...

You are welcome, Bill. I'm sure many children will benefit from and enjoy it!

BarbaraB said...

I remember those loose teeth so well; you just can't help but wiggle them with your tongue.
I think it's great that Bill can write about just everything in rhyme.

Unknown said...

So cute and necessary! I remember my first lost tooth. Photos, ice cream, everything to make me feel special. Great parents make a difference!

Thanks for sharing!!

PS Now following, Connie...

Connie Arnold said...

Barbara, I agree that Bill is great at rhyming just about anything.

Connie Arnold said...

Nancy, So true about great parents. Thank you for following!